! ! ! CEUs APPROVED ! ! !
ETHICAL DISCUSSION GROUP – LANSING
APRIL 19th, 2016 at 6:00PM
Lansing Community College
Gannon Building, Room 330
309 N. Washington Square
Lansing, MI 48933
MIRID along with Madonna University are excited to bring to you Ethical Discussion Group!
The goal of these discussions is for novice interpreters and more seasoned interpreters to have a safe place to discuss ethical conflicts that come up while interpreting.
Each participant should come with a scenario for the group to discuss. However, we ask that you keep confidential any specifics about the job that would break any of the Code of Professional Conduct tenets.
Each answer or solution would be assessed from the interpreter, Deaf consumer's and hearing person's perspective. The answer would address how it impacts each of the groups of people now and in the future.
Interpreters will walk away with additional tools to use when they are in the field.
Special Points of Interest:
● Free admission!
● Open to MIRID members and Madonna Students and Alumni only
(must show student/member ID)
● Madonna University is an Approved EMP Sponsor for continuing education. This Professional Studies program is offered for 0.2 CEU’s at the some content level.
● Register online at www.mirid.org/events
● For more information visit www.mirid.org/events.
● In order to obtain CEUs, attendees must comply with MIRID’s sign in and out policy. Find the Sign-In & sign-Out Policy details at http://www.mirid.org/resources/Documents/ Sign-In_Policy-PDF.R1.pdf
May 17, 2017 - 6:00pm to 8:00pm
June 21, 2017 - 6:00pm to 8:00pm