! ! ! RID & BEI CEUs APPROVED ! ! !
ETHICAL DISCUSSION GROUP
– PORTAGE –
MAY 5th, 2017 at 1:00PM
Portage Central High School
8135 S. Westnedge Avenue
Portage , MI 49002
MIRID along with Madonna University are excited to bring to you Ethical Discussion Group!
The goal of these discussions is for novice interpreters and more seasoned interpreters to have a safe place to discuss ethical conflicts that come up while interpreting.
Each participant should come with a scenario for the group to discuss. However, we ask that you keep confidential any specifics about the job that would break any of the Code of Professional Conduct tenets.
Each answer or solution would be assessed from the interpreter, Deaf consumer's and hearing person's perspective. The answer would address how it impacts each of the groups of people now and in the future.
Interpreters will walk away with additional tools to use when they are in the field.
Special Points of Interest:
● Free admission!
● Open to MIRID members only
● Madonna University is an Approved EMP Sponsor for continuing education. This Professional Studies program is offered for 0.2 CEU’s at the some content level.
● Register online at www.mirid.org/events
● For more information visit www.mirid.org/events.
● In order to obtain CEUs, attendees must com- ply with MIRID’s sign in and out policy http://www.mirid.org/resources/Documents/Sign- In_Policy-PDF.R1.pdf